Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

I need a low PSI power washer that will hold up

Since I`m starting a mobile detailing business I`ve been looking for power washers. I wanted one that was gas, but with a low PSI and gallons/minute since I`m using a water tank. The gas ones I found are over 2.2GPM and more PSI than I really need. I`d be willing to use an electric PW since I have a generator, but I`m not sure the electric ones would hold up to daily use.

This is one that I was looking at because of the low gallons/minute. I think Karcher is a pretty good brand, but this unit just looks too cheap for continued usage. http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...26M&lpage=none

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I need a low PSI power washer that will hold up

I am in the same situation as you. As a matter of fact I was looking at the same PW. Home Depot has the Husky in which I wasn`t sure about as far as quality & reliability. I will also be using a water tank. I would imagine the electric pw would be quieter then the gas.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the 1500psi Home Depot electric and it blew up after a dozen uses. Piece of garbage.

I`m going for the gas 2150psi Craftsman 4HP Briggs & Stratton Clean n` Carry this weekend at Sears - On sale for $209.00.

I`m a weekend warrior detailer each weeked for profit and the electric blew chunks. Hopefully this will be a suitable replacement.
    Seth

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Spend the extra cash and get yourself a decent gas powered washer. 1500-2000 should be plenty enough. You can always dial down the pressure. The more GPM, the better.

Don`t let it run for more then 30 seconds without pulling the trigger. You`ll end up blowing the pump in no time like Spilchy did.

You should go to a dedicated pressure washer shop and get a valve like the one in the picture i will attatch, so that you can leave the pressure washer running and the water will recycle back into the tank. This will save your pump.

Here`s a link to the shop that i got all my stuff from including the valve. They sell only the highest quality parts.

http://www.ameritechmfg.com/sitemap/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrueDetailer
    Don`t let it run for more then 30 seconds without pulling the trigger. You`ll end up blowing the pump in no time like Spilchy did.
    The motors on the electrics (the HD ones) only turn on *when* you pull the trigger so I didn`t blow the motor, it blew itself up! Each time you pull on, and release the trigger is when the motor turns on and off. It doesn`t run constantly.
    Seth

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spilchy
    The motors on the electrics (the HD ones) only turn on *when* you pull the trigger so I didn`t blow the motor, it blew itself up! Each time you pull on, and release the trigger is when the motor turns on and off. It doesn`t run constantly.
    I didn`t relize you were talking about an electric one until now.

Did you get your money back on it?

Post Thanks / Like

Nah, not yet. I don`t have the receipt for it. I`m ticked off, because I ALWAYS save all my receipts for all my stuff until the warranty runs out.

I e-mailed the company and they said they would take it back and fix it. So I have to pony up the cash to box it up and mail it back.

I`m thinking I should just roll that expense into getting that gas pressure washer I mentioned in my first post since the electric will just break again a few months from now.

Whatever anyone does, don`t use an electric one for daily use. I had bum luck with just weekend use.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spilchy
    Nah, not yet. I don`t have the receipt for it. I`m ticked off, because I ALWAYS save all my receipts for all my stuff until the warranty runs out.

I e-mailed the company and they said they would take it back and fix it. So I have to pony up the cash to box it up and mail it back.

I`m thinking I should just roll that expense into getting that gas pressure washer I mentioned in my first post since the electric will just break again a few months from now.

Whatever anyone does, don`t use an electric one for daily use. I had bum luck with just weekend use.
    Spilchy i had this conversation with you, and you advised me at the time to stay away from the husky. Thanks for the heads as i also read that others had the same problem you explained to me.I invested in more products

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hemin8r
    I would imagine the electric pw would be quieter then the gas.
    True, but since I`m using a 3000Watt generator, it would probably be louder. If you have a place to plug in, it is much more quite.

I was really just looking at the electric because of the G/M being lower, so I could save on water. Same way with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Spend the extra cash and get yourself a decent gas powered washer. 1500-2000 should be plenty enough. You can always dial down the pressure. The more GPM, the better.
    I`m not to worried about the cash, I just didn`t want to end up getting one that was way more than I needed and therefore a waste. Would I still want a high GPM while getting the water from a tank? I thought it would be the opposite.

You should go to a dedicated pressure washer shop and get a valve like the one in the picture i will attatch, so that you can leave the pressure washer running and the water will recycle back into the tank. This will save your pump.

Here`s a link to the shop that i got all my stuff from including the valve. They sell only the highest quality parts.

http://www.ameritechmfg.com/sitemap/

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...icture0045.jpg
    I`ve heard about not going over 1 minute, but 30 seconds is probably safer.

What PW are you using?

How much does it cost in parts to set it up to recycle?

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I like electric for the pressure build up issue, but I need to find one that is HD/commercial rated.
    Ideal: a quiet, efficient, 1700psi/2.0gpm machine that turns on when I press the trigger and is commercial rated.
    Does it exist?
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Karcher 1750PSI that turns on when you press the trigger, it was like $70 at HD. It was a small unit, kind of a hassle to move around since it doesn`t have wheels, but other than that, it`s held up alright.
    2003.5 Desert Platinum Infiniti G35 Sedan
    Biweekly Routine---Wash: Foam gun + NXT Wash (Microfibers), then topped with #16 or OCW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Detail
    I like electric for the pressure build up issue, but I need to find one that is HD/commercial rated.
    Ideal: a quiet, efficient, 1700psi/2.0gpm machine that turns on when I press the trigger and is commercial rated.
    Does it exist?
    That is exactly what I`m looking for. I don`t think one does exist. The market is too small. People that want a commercial unit, want a big heavy duty one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrecktid
    I have a Karcher 1750PSI that turns on when you press the trigger, it was like $70 at HD. It was a small unit, kind of a hassle to move around since it doesn`t have wheels, but other than that, it`s held up alright.
    Is that the one that is really short? I was at someone`s house last weekend and they were using that one. It seem to be doing pretty well. I ask how it was holding up, but they said it was the first time they had used it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxima Lover
    That is exactly what I`m looking for. I don`t think one does exist. The market is too small. People that want a commercial unit, want a big heavy duty one.
    Ditto: Don`t know the brand, but the one my neigbor let me be try was pretty effecient. During the summer months he constantly has it in use around the house. He returned the one prior to the new one,because it didn`t have enough cleaning power.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information