The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up The Family Dollar Pressurized Sprayer

How long it will last remains to be seen, but the $2.50 pressurized sprayer from Family Dollar works great with PB`s Spray & Wipe.
    If you have it at it`s finest spray setting a fine mist comes out and is ideal for covering a panel with almost no drips or runs. Not having to squeeze the trigger a lot of times is another benefit, but the spray is what impressed me the most.
    Well worth the $2.50 so far.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Family Dollar Pressurized Sprayer

Sweet! I`ll have to give it a go. Got to get the sprayer first.

2015 Nissan Pathfinder, Platinum
    2012 Fiat 500 Sport
    2010 Mazda CX-7 iSport
    2000 Nissan Frontier XE

"Life`ll Kill Ya" - Warren Zevon

Post Thanks / Like

great tip there Charles. You wouldn`t happen to have a link for them would you are they the ones that you pump a couple of times then spray??? You did mention "pressurized" thats why i am assuming.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pockets View Post
    great tip there Charles. You wouldn`t happen to have a link for them would you are they the ones that you pump a couple of times then spray??? You did mention "pressurized" thats why i am assuming.
    There`s a thread that discusses pressurized hand sprayers that has a lot of links and info.
    http://www.detailcity.org/forums/det...-sprayers.html

Yes, they are the ones you pump up.

The one I got at Family Dollar for $2.50 looks very much like this one at Harbor Freight.
    Pressurized Hand Sprayer at Harbor Freight

Charles

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a few of them last year. They do work well, but I found out the hard way that you couldn`t store liquids in them, as they can seep into the "shaft" and render them useless.
    Fortunately, I had a couple spares, so I was able to learn from my lesson and continue on.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a sprayer like that at Wal-Mart but don`t know what the price was. but you can bet it is made in China.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent time to try the dollar store...
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by black bart View Post
    I saw a sprayer like that at Wal-Mart but don`t know what the price was. but you can bet it is made in China.
    You can also bet that the factory in China doesn`t have a union bullying the company to pay the guy who sweeps the floors $40 an hour, six weeks vacation, and a lifetime of full paid medical benefits long after he retires either.

Just saying there`s two sides to every story. Americans like to buy things cheap and we priced our own selves out of the labor market long ago. Not saying it`s right or wrong, but after working for a place with unionized labor I can see why we no longer have many labor jobs left in this country.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Leegr View Post
    I bought a few of them last year. They do work well, but I found out the hard way that you couldn`t store liquids in them, as they can seep into the "shaft" and render them useless.
    Fortunately, I had a couple spares, so I was able to learn from my lesson and continue on.
    The ones with the Rubbermaid brand on them do suggest that you empty and rinse them after each use. Including spraying some water through the nozzle.
    The one from Family Dollar has no such warning. It just says to relieve the pressure before storing.
    Since I am using one for S&W, I think I will just leave it filled with S&W and see if it destroys anything.

As an aside, I didn`t find anything on the Rubbermaid branded sprayer that said anything about the country of origin.

Charles

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW View Post
    How long it will last remains to be seen, but the $2.50 pressurized sprayer from Family Dollar works great with PB`s Spray & Wipe.
    If you have it at it`s finest spray setting a fine mist comes out and is ideal for covering a panel with almost no drips or runs. Not having to squeeze the trigger a lot of times is another benefit, but the spray is what impressed me the most.
    Well worth the $2.50 so far.
    The sprayer still impresses me.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Leegr View Post
    I`m sure that some chemicals will not play nice with a cheap sprayer.
    The ones with the Rubbermaid brand on them do suggest that you empty and rinse them after each use. Including spraying some water through the nozzle.
    The one from Family Dollar has no such warning. It just says to relieve the pressure before storing.
    Since I am using one for S&W, I think I will just leave it filled with S&W and see if it destroys anything.
    After having one filled with the S&W for about 2.5 months with quite bit of use, I think the sprayer is going to be able do the job. I used it on both the Montana and the GTP today and it worked great. Love the fine mist spray it is capable of.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Man I thought I found a good deal at Big Lots, I purchased 2 that look just like the harbor Freight one for $4.50 each

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got around to buying some of these and what a life saver it is on your wrists not having to do that repetative motion.
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update Charles. I was at Harbor Freight the other day looking at them again. I picked one up, walked around with it but then put it back. Now that I hear they work good I will have to pick up one myself.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

<SNIP>
    I`ve had one of those (Family Dollar) with diluted DP 4 in 1 in it for a few months and so far it still sprays when I need it.
    I do relieve the pressure when putting it back on the shelf for next time.
    Gary
    The Irate Magistrate
    Neutral & Detached

Thread Information