Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DF Towel - User Opinions Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by ashsarna
    OK!!!
    I have been holding off. Was going to go another direction, but, with MORE great praise of DFT towels, the savings with 6 pack, and the discount code, here I come .

Now, what is the best way to order? Through the site or pm Leo(DFT)?
    Thanks.
    You won`t regret it. These towels absolutely blow away any other towel I`ve tried.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyc
    You won`t regret it. These towels absolutely blow away any other towel I`ve tried.

I agree 100% with Mike...these are the ONLY towel I can say that are worth the asking price...plus you will not find any one with a towel like this other than who Leo has selling them...at least I have not...

and best part is...Made In U.S.A....

one other thing I forgot to point out...I used a dedicated MF cleaner on them once..and noticed they do not come out as silky as when you use a regular detergent like Tide clear or Era free..the MF cleaner may be to strong..do not know....

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AL-53
    one other thing I forgot to point out...I used a dedicated MF cleaner on them once..and noticed they do not come out as silky as when you use a regular detergent like Tide clear or Era free..the MF cleaner may be to strong..do not know....

Al
    Thanks for the tip! I definitely want to read the care page on the DF Towel website.

The DF Hose Nozzle also looks really interesting. I like that it only takes half a turn to go through all the spray patterns. My current fireman`s nozzle takes many many turns and doesn`t go all the way to a jet spray pattern.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with most of the comments here. My observations are based on the earlier version of the product. I understand that there is a more current verion out since my purchases.

The Concours towel is a quality product.

It is a microfiber product manufactured from a natural vs synthetic yarn.

Laundering: Leo states you can wash his towels in HOT water. I wash mine along with my other MF towels in warm water with a microfiber specific cleaner or Charlie`s soap. I know what Leo`s beliefs are about this (specific detergents/soaps), but my experience proves otherwise. I have also washed them with regular cotton/terry towels in hot water with Charlie`s soap (actually a couple of different detergents). Damp dry. No problems with either method.

The loose weave does create more snags caused by emblems, etc., but as directed I trim those closely with scissors and move on.

I use my towels for either a) dusting ala CCD or b) QD duty. These towels don`t see much heavy usage so they have been around awhile. I find them to be a below average towel option for drying. I believe that long ago Leo mentioned that you needed to slow way down in your drying motion to allow for absorbtion.

As far as value, I would say that they are of good value, however thay are certainly not the only good value out there. When I purchased my DFT products they did stand head and shoulders above what was commonly available. Since that time however, the current series of towels from AG, DC, and PB have emerged and definitely closed that gap.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input folks -I really appreciate it!

Post Thanks / Like

what is the discount code?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    what is the discount code?
    Good question I was wondering the same thing.

On his site he lists the sites that he gives discounts too, but no mention of DC

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t know, the last time I tried to enter a code which had worked previously, I received an error code indicating that it was not valid. IIRC, the discount I received at the time was a small size towel vs. a % off discount. Love that towel size, it is my Wife`s favorite eye glass cleaning towel.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been considering ordering some Super Elite MF like the DF Towels, my only concern is taking care of them after the first usage. Seperate washes be smarter? These look perfect for the Final Buff!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Woob
    I`ve been considering ordering some Super Elite MF like the DF Towels, my only concern is taking care of them after the first usage. Seperate washes be smarter? These look perfect for the Final Buff!
    No need to be concerned about product care. Other than the "picking" problem (IIRC, the newer version has a tighter weave which may help alleviate this to some extent), the towel has proven to be a robust product for me. As for as separate washes, other than separating my drying/glass/QD towels from polish/wax removal and grunge towels I don`t see a need.

The DF Concours towel is great for final buffing. Of course, so are the newest plush towels from AG, DC, and PB.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I`ve had a few rounds with the DF towels and they are very nice.

Woob: I wash them with my MF`s -and have seen no problems at all.

On windows: THE BEST towel that I`ve ever used. Stoners --or-- an ISO/water/vinegar mix just kills. The DF`s wipe clean -streak free, and ZERO lint. I can`t ask for more than that. I have 2 reserved for window duty.

It took some courage.... but I also used them on my black paint. I was happily surprised. These towels have some weight, so minimum pressure is needed to safely wipe your surface clean of LSP, or QD. The DF`s work very well on LSP (no streaks, minor haze, etc...)

I also used them to remove Z6 and Z8 -which worked so-so. I like Dragon Fibre MF towels better for QD duties (sorry Leo).

These towels are well constructed, and after a few washes they still look like new (i.e. no fraying, linting, separation, etc..). When they arrived, they had some lint and stray fibres.
    It`s a good idea to wash them before your first use, as Leo has suggested.

Well done Leo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgm2003
    It`s a good idea to wash them before your first use, as Leo has suggested.

Well done Leo
    I was wondering if washing the Towels w/MF`s could create a problem,Thanks for the information. I have had some shoulder problems and my own car needs to be finished up. I`ll be using DG for the winter so My new towels will get a work out then.

Thanks for the update

Post Thanks / Like

mgm2003

I am glad they worked out for you....they are by far my favorite towel...

I use them for product removal...or just to buff the shine up after removal..windows...and doing AW..I find after a few washes they work better with a QD...

but they do not mar paint and are well made....

For a good towel get ahold of Leo or any one who sells his towels...worth it

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=AL-53]mgm2003

"they are by far my favorite towel"

"they do not mar paint"

I Agree.

I`m kind of surprised that we haven`t heard more about these towels here -they are high quality, safe, and excellent performing towels.
    They just KILL on windows and LSP`s -streak & haze free EVERY time, and I haven`t picked up any marring. I did snag one on a mirror (thanks GM), and spooled out about a thousand yards of thread (LOL).

I detailed the exterior of my buddies M35 this afternoon. He helped me -then helped himself to (3) of my DF towels to take home (thief!!!!)

I`m calling the police on him Leo!!!! (LOL).

Post Thanks / Like

Love the DF Towels, I Think I have 7 in different sizes. There great, nice and soft and buff off LSP`s so nicely.

I need to order some more......

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information