Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1.8 Million Dollar Car!

I got a nice surprise today. I received a phone call asking me if I had time to do some detailing on a couple exotic cars today. I told him we might, it would depend on how much work we had at our next stop. He then told me that one of them was a 1.8 million dollar Mercedes CLK GTR AMG.

... ... ... ...

I then proceeded to tell him that I think we might be able to squeeze them in. I actually had seen both of them years before at a friend of mines shop. He is the mechanic who works on them. Ok, so that`s the good news....

The bad news is these cars were at a moving company and were being shipped to Switzerland the next day. The Bugatti was stuck in gear in the aisle of their dark warehouse so we had to clean it up where it was. Had to detail the inside using a flash light! They had both been sitting a while so their interiors needed some attention. Wish I had time to take better pics but we were under a time crunch so these are all I had time to take.

I couldn`t even fit in the Mercedes, not the most practical car in the world but it makes up for it in other areas I think.

Troy

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1.8 Million Dollar Car!

My oh my! Those are two nice cars right there! Any idea what the hitch thing is on the front of the Bugatti?
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that`s just not fair! First the Ferarri and the Lotus and now a Bugatti and that beast of a Benz? I think I`d make a mess in my pants if I ever got to see one of those up close and in person. I don`t know what I`d do if I got to detail them. It would probably include an adult diaper though.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budman3
    My oh my! Those are two nice cars right there! Any idea what the hitch thing is on the front of the Bugatti?
    I imagine that is for getting it in and out of trailers without having to drive it.

Both of these were made just for this guy, he has a 32 car collection. A couple of the others I have seen are a Diablo and an exotic Jaguar (I forget what it`s called.) I also heard he has a million dollar Ferrari as well. He has a house next to one owned by Steven King, and I`m told it makes Steven`s look small.

Post Thanks / Like

Great cars but a far cry from the Hugo I got to work on once....LOL

WOW & Jealous is all I can say....lucky guy
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Two very hot looking cars,
    But if you want to impress stop working on the expensive ones and move up to a real challange like a Chevette or a Vega.

If you can make one of them look good then you are a God
    Beautiful work on the expensive cars though

"J"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audiboy
    Now that`s just not fair! First the Ferarri and the Lotus and now a Bugatti and that beast of a Benz? I think I`d make a mess in my pants if I ever got to see one of those up close and in person. I don`t know what I`d do if I got to detail them. It would probably include an adult diaper though.
    That reminds me I am going back next week to do a couple for the guy who has the Lotus and Ferrari.

There is a big Ferrari Car show next weekend on St. Armands Circle here in Sarasota, so I will be out there with my truck all shined up. Hope to pick-up some more cars like these.

Should have plenty of pics to post very soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs02
    Two very hot looking cars,
    But if you want to impress stop working on the expensive ones and move up to a real challange like a Chevette or a Vega.

If you can make one of them look good then you are a God
    Beautiful work on the expensive cars though

"J"
    I may be making some people jealous around here, but I`m not trying to impress anyone. Like I`ve said before, I just thought you guys would like to see them.

They weren`t my best work that`s for sure. We didn`t even have time to wax them. They needed polishing and were a bit neglected actually. Kinda made me sick that we couldn`t do more.

Troy

Post Thanks / Like

I know you aren`t trying to impress. It`s just really nice seeing vehicles that I`ve never seen in person and honestly, haven`t seen many pictures of. Although I am pretty sure that I have that Mercedes in the garage of one of my Gran Turismo games.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troy@DetailCity
    I may be making some people jealous around here, but I`m not trying to impress anyone. Like I`ve said before, I just thought you guys would like to see them.

They weren`t my best work that`s for sure. We didn`t even have time to wax them. They needed polishing and were a bit neglected actually. Kinda made me sick that we couldn`t do more.

Troy
    Just busting your chops a bit...

It`s cars like that that makes me glad that the Showcase has been reopened other wise I don`t think I would get to see too many car like that.

Now go see what else the guy with the Ferrari has in his garage that needs to be cleaned

"J"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audiboy
    I am pretty sure that I have that Mercedes in the garage of one of my Gran Turismo games.
    I have to go with you on this one audiboy lol. That is such a cool car to look at And im supprised with all the weight conservation in those kinds of cars that they would put on a steel c-hook on the front. Keep up the great work and keep putting up the pics to!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs02
    It`s car like that that makes me glad that the Showcase has been reopened other wise I don`t think I would get to see too many car like that.
    "J"

I was hoping to see some more posts in the detailer`s showcase since it has been re-opened. I love to see what others are detailing too.

I know, I know most of you are just counting the days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troy@DetailCity
    I know, I know most of you are just counting the days.
    If there was snow around here (NY) I wouldn`t mind it that much but its just plan cold and you cant even wash a car in this weather. Now is a good time to have a nice big heated garage (with a drain lol).

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Goodness....those are some nice looking cars!!!!!!!!
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pockets@PoorboysWorld
    And im supprised with all the weight conservation in those kinds of cars that they would put on a steel c-hook on the front.

They have to have something strong enough to tow it out of any type of mess the car could get into during a race. Actually, I have one of those hooks on my car as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information