Post Thanks / Like

Question Durrmaid Pro Mini

Another question for my boy`s on D.C.

Any of you guy`s own a Durrmaid Pro Mini Carpet Extractor with Vacuum? Is it worth what it cost?

I can afford the BIG DOG MYTEE right know, but I`m looking for something that comes close to the productivity so I can speed up my carpet cleaning process.
    I do what I do, when I can do it...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Durrmaid Pro Mini

How are you currently cleaning your carpets?...

These small extractors are OK, but come with some short comings....the recovery & solution tanks are small...and you end up changing them a lot during the process, mainly on large jobs...the hose is quite short and you end up moving the whole unit threw the car, its quite cumbersome at times...lastly the lift is not the great so you end up using the shop vac to ensure you`ve picked up all the water....That`s my take on them for the most part...I had a little green machine for years, this was my findings in using that one.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post

These small extractors are OK, but come with some short comings....the recovery & solution tanks are small...and you end up changing them a lot during the process, mainly on large jobs...the hose is quite short and you end up moving the whole unit threw the car, its quite cumbersome at times...lastly the lift is not the great so you end up using the shop vac to ensure you`ve picked up all the water....That`s my take on them for the most part...I had a little green machine for years, this was my findings in using that one.
    Dave, I mist spray APC on the carpets, let it sit for 20to 30 secs. Then I scrub the carpet with brushes. It has been a productive way of cleaning carpets for me. No complaints yet. I just thought an extractor would be a whole lot quicker and do a better job since that`s what it`s designed for.

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tmacsad View Post
    Dave, I mist spray APC on the carpets, let it sit for 20to 30 secs. Then I scrub the carpet with brushes. It has been a productive way of cleaning carpets for me. No complaints yet. I just thought an extractor would be a whole lot quicker and do a better job since that`s what it`s designed for.
    I wouldn`t use APC on carpets. Use a carpet specific cleaning solution. APC`s usually will leave soapy residue behind that will attract soil. I can`t remember exactly how to test it. But I`m pretty sure you can pour a little of your APC on a dish and microwave it to dry it out. Then you feel the dish surface to see if it`s sticky. That`s off the top of my head. If anyone know`s this tip and want`s to correct me, feel free.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

RATS! When I say Troy weigh in on the subject I thought (hoped) that you were going to speak specifically about the Durrmaid itself. Last I knew, you do carry this product in your store.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    RATS! When I say Troy weigh in on the subject I thought (hoped) that you were going to speak specifically about the Durrmaid itself. Last I knew, you do carry this product in your store.
    I do carry it but I have no experience using one. All I know about them is what`s listed on our site.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Same here I want to know how effective they are. Thinking about investing in one. Some body out there has to own one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post

In all fairness, the Durrmaid Mini looks to be several classes above the Little Green Machine. The price is also many times more, but it looks like a very good machine. Your comments don`t sound like they would really apply to this machine. A 12 ft hose is hardly short and I don`t think 102" of lift isn`t all that bad in that price range.

I don`t do any mobile detailing, but I would like to give this machine a try. It looks to be well built and effective. The $600+ price tag is a bith tough for an enthusiast.

Link for those that want to look at the machine itself.

Durrmaid Pro Mini Carpet Extractor with Vacuum
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I do have a need of one these cleaning systems. Pain in the a%$ to do it by hand.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

I did a little research on extractors back when Autogeek started selling them. I can`t remember which forum but there were a bunch of not so hot reviews of the Durrmaid extractors. The Aztec Hot Rod seemed to have the better reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by memnuts View Post
    I did a little research on extractors back when Autogeek started selling them. I can`t remember which forum but there were a bunch of not so hot reviews of the Durrmaid extractors. The Aztec Hot Rod seemed to have the better reviews.
    The Durrmaid has more features than the Hot Rod. They are comparable in performance so the reviews might be a little misleading.

Using reviews to decide between these two machines might not be the best way unless the reviewer has tried both of them.

Post Thanks / Like

The Durrmaid is definitely on my must-have / can`t-afford life list. I`ve read a little and own neither, but seems to me that Little Green Machine is to Durrmaid as Daisy is to Winchester.
    JohnHenry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troy@DetailCity View Post
    The Durrmaid has more features than the Hot Rod. They are comparable in performance so the reviews might be a little misleading.
    Using reviews to decide between these two machines might not be the best way unless the reviewer has tried both of them.
    I agree with you here Troy. There are a lot of products that I have tried... not because I read the reviews, but because somebody or somebodies owned it, used it, and love it enough to share it with the D.C. family.

I intend on purchasing one of these soon... maybe I`ll be the first to review it on D.C.

Thread Information