Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

This Is Amazing About Jiffy Lube

http://www.nbc4.tv/video/9152183/detail.html

I saw this on another forum about Jiffy Lube the clip speaks for itself
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Is Amazing About Jiffy Lube

sure makes me glad I do my own work!

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m honestly not suprised. If I ever need parts changed out that I can`t do myself or if they are warrantied, I either stay there and watch/help them or I ask them to save the old part to show me that it was changed. If they can`t produce my part, they don`t get paid.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a quick oil change place here but I go frist thing in the AM so that I am number one in the bay....then watch them like a hawk until they are done...I don`t do any other work but oil and nothing else
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Glad I don`t use Jiffy Lube - or any other quick-rip places.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Those places are a joke. I remember I think it was dateline they caught certain quicklube places cutting serpintine belts with a small blade so you would have to buy a new one.

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not like Jiffy lube.
    For some reason, I cannot view the clip, but let me put in a few words on them.
    At the dealership I am at, I take EVERY CAR that we get in, to them to get an oil change. They are rude and do not care for anything. I see tham going through customers` cars like it is there own. Blasting the radios, messing with knobs and switches, cursing in front of customers, etc.....

They are worse with me. They will be in the middle of an oil change with one of the dealership cars, and decide they need a smoke break. It will take them 30 minutes. I recall one time, they could not get the oil filter off, so they just wiped off the old one and left it on. I found out when I was leaving, when one of the guys thought it was funny and told me.....Real funny dumb $h!ts. They jump up and down on the bumpers, acting like the cars have "hydros" as they say. Burn out when they pull cars around.....

We take cars there to do inspections also...every car I have taken there from the car lot, they have tried to fail on purpose. They will find the smallest thing and forget about it....they do not want to do it...they are lazy. I took over a Toyota over there and they said it failed because it has "no balls". That is what they said...their words. Then another one, it was a 2005 chrvy truck....9k miles on the odometer, they said the brakes were bad...it barely stops.........what tools....I did file a complaint via email and have heard nothing in return. does not surprise me.
    Not all quick lube places are bad. You just have to find that "right one".

-Chris
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Jiffy Lube for the lose. That is by far the worst quick lube place around. Back when I was younger, before I did all the work on our cars, my parents took there car there for an oil-change. They put the wrong bolt in the drain plug and stripped the $h*t out of it. We noticed it was leaking that day. Took it back up there and they tried telling us they didn`t do it. They decided to fix it only after the police arrived.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate Jiffy Lube. Luckily I have not had a bad experience since I just had oil changed while I was there. Once I got home I would clean the bottom to avoid any of the old oil wouldn`t drip onto my driveway.
    My friend on the other hand had it bad. He came to visit me & said he had just left Jiffy lube & heard his engine sounding weird. When I lookied at his drain pan I was shocked to see the Drain bolt was missing. NO OIL!!! He went back & basically got a free oil change after arguing with them.

Post Thanks / Like

My grandfather got his oil changed, drove home. They didn`t replace the oil cap. Oil all over the engine and my parents driveway. They did pay to have the engine cleaned and the driveway. Not sure what oil change place it was though. My parent while not thrilled it happened in the first place seemed pleased with how it was fixed.

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hemin8r
    I hate Jiffy Lube. Luckily I have not had a bad experience since I just had oil changed while I was there. Once I got home I would clean the bottom to avoid any of the old oil wouldn`t drip onto my driveway.
    My friend on the other hand had it bad. He came to visit me & said he had just left Jiffy lube & heard his engine sounding weird. When I lookied at his drain pan I was shocked to see the Drain bolt was missing. NO OIL!!! He went back & basically got a free oil change after arguing with them.

Hell, I would have had them buy a new motor. If I ever find no oil in my engine, you better believe that I am running that motor until it locks up.
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing the anger that fluctuates when someone messes with any of our vehicles..

I`m sure Jiffy Lube has lost a lot of business since....
    • JoYRiiDE
    //2007 BMW 335i e90 Sedan // Montego Blue // Black.Aluminum//

Post Thanks / Like

I have a quick change oil place by me and I have used them for years.
    I still make sure that I watch what they do, but I guess it is hit or miss depending on the shop that you go to.
    You`re going to have good and bad, you just haver to keep your fingers crossed that you get the good.

"J"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joyriide1113
    Amazing the anger that fluctuates when someone messes with any of our vehicles..

I`m sure Jiffy Lube has lost a lot of business since....

It`s not anger that`s generated just because a vehicle is involved. It`s the flat out dishonest, sleazy, dirt bag, and illegal behavior that angers me. These people are bottom feeding pieces of $hit in serious need of extermination.

Post Thanks / Like

I really do not like going anywhere that I cannot get a view of the vehicle as they are working on it. That includes stealerships as well as Quick lubes. Investigation or not this has been going on way before Quick Lube. As with any thing that we do you must find a place that can be trusted. Often that is hard to do. But us non mechanics must perserveer. Try not to let them get one over on us.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information