Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I posted a topic about buying what I thought was an air comp. but it was a air tank not a comp. . Anyways I dont have the money to buy one know and was wondering for those of you who drive the car around the block to get the water out, do you guys do it before drying or after drying? The other day I did it before and after and I still had water in the mirrors and moldings, I have a MB and it has a ton of places where water gets trapped and I dont like using those cans of comp. air. Guess I just need to save up and get a air comp.
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same problem and I really hate it when I`m applying sealant or wax. I read Sal Zaino`s recommendation on the Toro 215mph leaf blower. Sears is selling a Toro 215mph leaf blower for $60. For that price, it`s way cheaper than buying an air compressor, unless of course you plan on using your aim compressor for other purposes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to use my air compressor for removing the dust the vac cant get and maybe to put air in my tires too, but thanks for the tip i will give the leaf blower a look.

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    An air compressor is sooooo handy, that unless you`re short of space or are working on a tight budget, it`s not worth it to overlook one.

Of course - I haven`t tried drying the car off with one (I will, soon). But as far as handy around the garage, can`t beat a compressor.

Post Thanks / Like
    As an inbetween solution I use my wife`s hairdryer to dry those spots where water keeps comming out.

Wife says I`m crazy.

But it works!:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhhh, if I listened to my wife every time she called me crazy, they`d be fitting me for a straightjacket any day now (or they might be anyway.... who knows...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Leaf blowers are the ticket!!!!!!!

I use it every time I dry!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I second Guess, I would`t use anything else :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I love my air compressor. I can blow out everything: behind mirrors, door handles, engine compartment, etc. You name it.

And when I`m done drying my truck I can do a lot of other stuff with it that you can`t do with a leaf blower. I love my nailgun.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have another suggestion that most people might have already. Lots of wet and dry vac have reverse blow capability on it. So, you can just switch the nozzle to blow out air and attach it to a fine nozzle attachment. This wil make a great way to blow out the water and dry the dry as well. Most vac are like 3HP or more making it very powerful. Best of all, you don`t have to go and buy another equipment (that is if you own one already).

Post Thanks / Like
    mch

The only problem with that is lots of stuff stays in the hose and when it reversed some stuff you just vacumed up is gonna hit your car at one point or another. Even if you run it a minute or two before you use it , I wouldn`t trust it, the hose has those ridges in it where stuff gets stuck and hides. Get an electric leaf blower, $60 buys you the best one at home Depo.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got a Vac n Blow...thks for that info about junk blow out in reverse...Leaf blower sounds interesting..

jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I never tried using the vac for that, glad I didnt chance it.

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    what are those of us who can`t afford an air compressor and don`t want to buy a leaf blower? Is the the best method to dry the car first, drive it around the block a couple of times and re-dry it?

have u got a heated garage?? - if not stick a portable mini electric heater - they come with a built in fan and direct it carefully to the surface of the car - they have less power and cost Ă‚£20 but they are damm effective.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information